Dubai Visa Application Centre is a service provided by VF Services (UK) Ltd T/A VFS Global, Company Registration Number: 05735180, Registered Office: Corporate Office, 3rd Floor, 66 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BT, United Kingdom, Registered in England & Wales
Important: Please note and strictly comply - All applicants should read the conditions mentioned below before signing the application form. Incomplete and unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- The facility is open to British Overseas Citizen (BOC) / British Protected Person (BPP)/British National (Overseas) (BNO) / British Subject and British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) Passport holder and for other Nationals who have Valid Work Permit/Resident Visa in United Kingdom or Dependent Pass, visiting Dubai traveling on the Emirates Airlines (herein referred to “EK”) and /or Fly Dubai Airlines (herein referred to “FZ”) fulfilling the eligibility conditions announced from time to time by the Government of Dubai / Dubai Naturalization and Residency Administration (“DNRD”). Issuance and approval of a visa is solely regulated by Government of Dubai / and governed by their rules and regulations that are amended from time to time. Subject to the applicant/passenger fulfilling the eligibility conditions EK will sponsor the applicant to Dubai.
- The facility of applying through VF Services (UK) Limited (“VFS”) is open to British Overseas Citizen (BOC) / British Protected Person (BPP)/British National (Overseas) (BNO) / British Subject and British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) Passport holder passport holders and for other Nationals who have Valid Work Permit in United Kingdom or Dependent Pass, visiting Dubai on Emirates Airlines (herein referred to as EK) and /or Fly Dubai Airlines (herein referred to “FZ”) EK /FZ has outsourced the administrative process of facilitating Visa applications to VFS. VFS has setup and is managing the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (herein after referred to as “DVPC”) for this purpose. VFS role is limited to accepting the visa application and required documentation, forwarding the application to Government of Dubai / DNRD for consideration of visa issue and communicating the Government of Dubai’s / DNRD’s Decision on the application for visa to the applicant.
- Visa fees are non-refundable under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Each visa applicant desirous of being sponsored for a visa by EK should be holding a valid ticket issued by EK and/or FZ and booked to travel on EK and/or FZ. VFS/EK/FZ will not be responsible for and will not be liable for the applicant not being able to travel due to denied boarding offloading, cancellation of flight, delays or and any other cause or circumstances beyond their control. VFS shall also not be liable in the case of any change in the date of travel not being communicated to VFS.
- The Applicant/passenger will be required to fill in a Visa Application Form accurately and submit the same with the applicable visa fees, valid passport and necessary documentation as specified in the Visa Application Form. Applicants must hold valid travel documents and comply with the requirements of Government of Dubai / DNRD and requirements specified on the Visa Application Form.
- VFS does not accept any responsibility for late, lost or misplaced applications and / or the veracity of the contents of the application. Incomplete and double applications will be disregarded.
- The decision to grant or refuse a visa is the sole prerogative of the Government of Dubai / DNRD. VFS merely forwards the application and the issuance or pendency or refusal of the visa is the prerogative of the Government of Dubai / DNRD. The decision of the Government of Dubai / DNRD is final. In case of rejection of visa application, no correspondence will be entertained and no visa fees will be refunded and no reasons will be required to be given. It is clarified that processing of the visa application is prevented, delayed or restricted or interfered with for any reasons whatsoever resulting in delay by Government of Dubai / DNRD to process the applicants visa application, then VFS OR EK OR FZ shall not be liable to the applicant for any loss or damage which may be suffered as result of such causes and VFS OR EK OR FZ shall be discharged of all its obligations hereunder.
- Issuance of a visa or approval on the visa application does not in any way give the applicant/passenger a right to enter Dubai. The entry is at the sole discretion of the Immigration officer at Dubai Airport who is a representative of Government of Dubai / DNRD. In case of denial of visa or entry into Dubai by the Government of Dubai / DNRD, VFS OR EK OR FZ shall in no way be liable to the applicant in any manner whatsoever.
- The visa must be accepted as offered and is non – transferable.
- When the Visa application of the Applicant is approved by the Government of Dubai / DNRD, it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to check the approved visa on his / her email ID which was provided to VFS while submitting the visa application. If the applicants detail in the approved visa is wrong or the visa is not received at all, it is the sole responsibility of the applicant to contact the respective Visa Application Center to follow up for his / her visa copy. Under no circumstance will VFS be held liable for failure to receive email alert in respect of the visa application. The visa copy needs to be carried and produced to the Dubai Immigration Authorities on arrival in Dubai.
- VFS OR EK OR FZ shall not be liable for any losses or damages, which the applicant may suffer arising from delay in processing or receiving the visa.
- The visa is valid as per the Government of Dubai / DNRD rules and regulations as amended from time to time. The visa must be availed within its period of validity.
- Applicants understand and agree that forwarding Visa application to Government of Dubai / DNRD is at the sole discretion of EK/FZ as the sponsor and VFS will not be liable in any manner for the same including for any delay and or rejection.
- All United Kingdom and Dubai Government regulations apply and in case this facility is deemed invalid or cancelled due to any United Kingdom / Dubai Government regulation or order, VFS shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever to the applicant.
- Applicants will be solely responsible to ensure they fulfill United Kingdom and Dubai Government requirements for travel which may include Police clearances etc.
- VFS shall take all reasonable measures to ensure that information provided by the Applicants in its application form shall remain confidential. However VFS shall not be liable for any unauthorized access by any means to that information.
- The Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold VFS , its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, clients, joint venture partners and employees, harmless from any claim, expense, loss, damages or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, incurred or sustained by VFS and / or its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, clients, joint venture partners and employees arising out of the breach of these terms and conditions by the Applicant and / or any act of omission or commission attributable to the Applicant (or) violation by the Applicant of any law of any country or the rights of a third party.
- In no event and under no circumstances shall VFS and/or its representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever to anyone.
- VFS/EK/FZ reserves the right to add, alter or vary these terms and conditions at any time without notice or liability and all applicants availing of this facility shall be bound by the same.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any claims or disputes arising in relation to the services provided by VFS to the Applicant shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
- If you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials, we may also use your personal information to identify other products and services that might be of interest to you and to market additional goods, services and special offers from us,. Our affiliates or our third party business associates. You can choose not to allow VFS to use or disclose your personal information for marketing purposes by indicating your preference on the visa application form.
- Applicants expressly declare that they have read the terms and conditions carefully and agree to the same. They understand and abide by these terms and conditions and have executed the same as an individual and not as a company or any professional and or commercial entity.
About the VFS Global Group
The VFS GLOBAL group of companies are outsourced partners of Diplomatic Missions, Governments and Visa Offices across the globe.
The VFS GLOBAL group of companies are authorized to receive and process applications for various categories of visas,
permits and travel documents and perform administrative and non-judgmental tasks/functions related to the same, as per the mandate of the relevant Diplomatic Missions, Governments and Visa Offices.
Also, as mandated by the Diplomatic Mission/s, Governments and Visa Offices the VFS GLOBAL group of companies (themselves or through third party service providers/ vendors) provide various facilities for inquiries related to the visa application process in general and/or status of visa applications submitted, such as call center, online tracking, e-mail etc.
With respect to all such activities, the VFS GLOBAL group of companies act as a data processor and the respective Diplomatic Missions, Governments or Visa Offices (as appropriate) are the data controller.
About VF Services (UK) Limited
VF Services (UK) Limited (“VFS UK”) is a company within the VFS GLOBAL international group of companies, and this Privacy and Cookies Policy describes how VFS UK collects, uses, discloses and manages personal information related to individuals (hereinafter referred to as “Applicants”) applying for visas, permits and travel documents through VFS UK.
VFS UK is acting as the data processor when processing applications on behalf of Diplomatic Missions, Governments and Visa Offices, and is acting as the data controller when using data for its own purposes as detailed below.
What information does VFS UK collect and process?
Applicants may be required to provide certain information pertaining to them, including through printed and/or website application forms, in passports and other documents which the Applicants provide, and through telephone and face to face conversations. This information may include an Applicant’s name, photograph, address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, passport information, birth certificate, income, citizenship status, marital status, employment details, criminal and educational background information, and travel dates, purpose of travel, and other travel details.
This information is collected by VFS UK as per the requirement mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Missions, Governments or relevant Visa Offices (as appropriate), and also for its own purposes as detailed in this policy.
Provision of personal information is voluntary. Please note, however, that a refusal to provide personal information may limit or affect the ability of VFS UK to provide any application processing or other requested services, and may affect whether a Diplomatic Missions, Governments or Visa Offices grants any visa, permit or other travel document.
For quality control purposes the interactions with Applicants may be recorded. In such cases the Applicant will be informed of this practice and purpose at the start of any such interaction. Unless a different requirement is mandated by the respective Diplomatic Mission, Government or Visa Office, such recordings will be deleted after a period of 30 days from the date of such interactions.
What does VFS UK do with your information?
Applicants’ personal information may be collected, used or disclosed by VFS UK in order to facilitate the processing of that Applicant’s visa application(s) and/or request(s) including but not limited to for the following purposes:-
- Process applications received from each Applicant for requests for various categories of visa, permit and travel documents etc. and perform various tasks/ functions related thereto;
- Respond to various inquiries from an Applicant regarding the status of their application;
- Provide/ offer any other services to an Applicant as per the requirements of the relevant Government, Diplomatic Mission or Visa Office.
VFS UK also uses Applicant personal data on its own account for the following purposes:-
- To supply any other services which VFS UK has agreed to provide to Applicants;
- To process any payments Applicants make, including by credit or debit card, or any online or electronic means;
- If Applicants have given consent, to send Applicants marketing information (such as airline advertisements). This is normally included by VFS UK when returning an Applicant’s passport, or sent to an Applicant by e-mail if they have given us an e-mail address.
Important information about specific actions
Inquiry about general visa application process:
Applicants making inquiries as regards visa application process in general, need not provide any personal information.
Inquiry about status of submitted visa application/s:
Applicants making inquiries as regards status of visa application submitted through VFS UK can quote application reference number to receive an update on the status of their visa, permit or travel document applications.
The Applicants may be requested to provide personal information such as given name or family name or date of birth or phone number or street address or email address or application date etc. or combination of such information for verification/ authentication purposes.
Applicants making inquiries as regards visa application process however should not ask for or reveal their passport number or personal information while interacting via email with VFS UK and/or its third party service providers/ vendors. Instead use of their application reference number is recommended.
Certain Diplomatic Missions may require the Applicants to attend for personal interview. Applicants will be required to provide their application reference number and/or certain personal information such as family name, given name, date of birth, phone number, street address, email address, application date, and passport number for purpose of scheduling interviews.
All such information, posted, furnished and submitted by the Applicants while scheduling an interview appointment is converted into such formats as may be required and communicated to the respective Diplomatic Mission having jurisdiction to receive such application/s.
Where is data processed?
Data stored by VFS UK in its systems for the processing of visa applications by Applicants from the European Union is stored within the European Union (EU) boundary. The data of Applicants other than those from the EU may be stored in VFS UK’s systems either within the EU boundary at data centres in the UK (London) and India (Mumbai).
Who do we disclose Applicant personal data to?
VFS UK will not trade, rent or sell personal information of the Applicants.
VFS UK does not disclose or otherwise transfer personal information of the Applicants, except as necessary for the purpose of providing the visa application processing services and any associated services and performing its obligations, and except as otherwise set out herein.
Applicant personal data will be disclosed to the appropriate Diplomatic Mission, Government, Visa Office, for the purposes of processing any application and other purposes as outlines in this policy. Such personal data will be retained by them as data controllers in their own right, in accordance with their separate privacy policies.
VFS UK may disclose and share personal information when it is necessary to comply with a court order, any on-going judicial proceeding, or other legal, statutory or regulatory process served on VFS UK or to exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims, criminal investigations, judicial matters or in prevention, investigation, detection, prosecution of criminal activities or matters related to national security.
VFS UK and its third party service providers may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry pursuant to contravention of law / order or to an investigative body or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law VFS UK may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or a defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
VFS UK may also disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third party service providers providing services like courier delivery, SMS and call centre services. These third party service providers are provided with such information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, where the visa applicant has opted for courier service, VFS UK will disclose certain personal data such as name, address, phone number to the third party courier service providers. However personal information will not be shared with service providers for SMS services. Such third party service providers are also required to adhere to security and privacy requirements as outlined by VFS UK. Such third party service providers may be based outside the European Economic Area, and in such case VFS UK complies with all applicable legal requirements to permit Applicant data to be transferred to them outside the European Economic Area.
VFS UK may disclose an Applicant’s information to VFS UK’s payment processor, but only to the extent required for the purposes of payment processing. They will use it for the purposes of processing the Applicant's payment.
- VFS GLOBAL and VFS UK do not tolerate spam.
- VFS GLOBAL and VFS UK’s website/s or communication tools shall not be used to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the terms and conditions of VFS GLOBAL and VFS UK user agreement.
- VFS GLOBAL and VFS UK filters and automatically scans messages for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content before they are sent.
- To report any issues related to spam or spoof emails to VFS GLOBAL, please address e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A user/users is/are not licensed, permitted, expected to add, modify, deface, hack, misuse or abuse VFS GLOBAL or VFS UK’s website or the contents therein.
VFS UK has implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in its custody and control. VFS UK maintains reasonable administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in its custody and control.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
Records of Applicant personal information will be deleted in accordance with the following terms, except that VFS UK may retain Applicant personal information to the extent that and for so long as it may be required for any purpose of use stated in this policy.
Application packages collected from Applicants will not be copied or retained by VFS UK. Unless otherwise mandated by the relevant Diplomatic Mission, Government or Visa Office, any paper records, hard copies, forms or other physical records containing personal information will be destroyed by a secure shredding process within thirty (30) days of a passport’s return to an Applicant.
For the purposes of assisting the Applicants should they contact VFS UK with follow-up queries, Applicant personal information may be retained in electronic form, after passport and/or documents have been returned to the Applicants, for a maximum of thirty (30) days or for such period as specified by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VFS UK performs secure disposal or destruction of personal information on equipment or devices used for storing personal information. When disposing of equipment or devices used for storing personal information (such as filing cabinets, computers, diskettes, and audio tapes), VFS UK takes appropriate measures such as to removal or deletion of any stored information to prevent access by unauthorized parties.
Third Party Links
VFS UK’s website may contain links to third party sites promoting various products and/or services that VFS UK does not own or operate. These links to websites are in the nature of paid advertising and are not verified by VFS UK. These links are provided for convenient access to the websites and an Applicant’s use of the links is voluntary. The links do not indicate that VFS UK endorses or is associated with any of these other third party websites. Applicants are requested to use their own discretion which dealing with these websites and neither VFS UK nor its officers, employees, agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other third party websites or any information contained in them.
Consent to Policy
All Applicants (including website users who submit a preliminary visa application online, but do not progress the visa application by attending at a visa centre) disclosing personal information shall be deemed to have read and understood this Privacy and Cookies Policy and each Applicant consents to the use and disclosure of their personal information in accordance with the provision of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, to the extent that such consent is legally required.
This privacy and cookies policy is not intended to create a contract or form part of any contract. The Applicant has certain non-contractual legal rights which we summarize below.
Access to your personal data: Applicants may request VFS UK to confirm whether it is processing personal data about the Applicant, to confirm what personal data is being processed, and to provide a copy of such personal data, subject to certain limitations. A fee may be charged for handling an Applicant’s request, in an amount prescribed by law, which is £10 as at the date of this policy. Applicants may request access to their personal information by writing an email to the Info email ID mentioned on the “Contact Us” page with a subject matter of “Subject Access Request”. This request will be forwarded to the relevant Government, Diplomatic Mission or Visa Office if it relates to data they are data controller of, and further action will be taken by VFS UK based on the directions received by the relevant Government, Diplomatic Mission or Visa Office.
Use causing substantial distress or damage: Applicants have the right to ask VFS UK to stop processing personal data for any purpose or in any manner that is causing or is likely to cause them unwarranted and substantial damage or distress, subject to exceptions.
Use for direct marketing: Applicants have the right to stop their personal data from being used for direct marketing.
Correction of inaccuracies: Applicants have the right to ask a court to order VFS UK to rectify, block, erase or destroy any inaccurate personal data.
Compensation: Applicants have the right to claim compensation under applicable law for damage and (in certain cases) distress suffered if VFS UK do not comply with the applicable data protection laws.
Accuracy of data
VFS GLOBAL shall not be responsible for ascertaining the authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by the Applicant. It shall be the duty of the Applicant to ensure that the information provided to VFS UK is accurate, complete and up to date.
By using VFS UK’s websites and agreeing to receive marketing and other e-mails from VFS UK you confirm that you agree to and consent to the following terms in relation to cookies:
- Cookies are small text files that can be placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Whenever you visit a website, the website has the ability to send a command back to your computer requiring it to store a cookie;
- Our website does not currently contain any cookies or other technologies which track your use of the website;
- This part of the policy (relating to cookies) is subject to the law of England and Wales, and you must bring any claims against us exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to This Privacy and Cookies Policy
Please be advised that the Privacy and Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time without notice to Applicants and Applicants should regularly visit VFS UK’s website to access the latest policy statement to be sure they are aware of any changes. You should check the top of this document to see the latest version in force. Any change will be prospective only, and we will not make any changes that have retroactive effect unless legally required to do so.
For any questions, including complaints about this Privacy and Cookies Policy or the practices described herein, please write to email@example.com or (by post) to Level 5 Portland House, Bressenden Place London, SW1E 5BH, United Kingdom for more information.
For inquiries as regards this Privacy and Cookies Policy please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraudulent Recruitment / Employment Offers
It has come to VFS Global’s attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as VFS Global’ agents or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities, with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a work visa in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. VFS Global is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams.
Please be advised that, VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions to fulfil their administrative requirements of visa application processing. Neither VFS Global nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in VFS Global or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from VFS Global, which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud
The following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of VFS Global’s processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official VFS Global e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment visa forms, (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Work Permits, Visa applications or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While VFS Global takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with VFS Global at email@example.com
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.